It’s such an honor to be mentioned by such insightful and well-crafted blogs. Many thanks! I am humbled. There are so many wonderful stories out there and we are fortunate to live in a time that gives us direct access to these stories without middle people deciding for us what is worthy. Writers–write, and blogging gives us a forum to perfect our craft. All the blogs listed have a wonderful and perceptive voice.
The Rules of the Award
Each nominee must have under 200 followers
Thank and link to the nominating blog
Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
Write a post containing the questions
Include these rules in the post
Questions From The Book Blogger:
1. Pick a superpower, any superpower. Now tell me: why?
Reading minds. It would make for some great writing.
2. Best holiday destination (either that you’ve been to or want to go to).
That’s easy. Bahia de Los Angeles, Baja, Mexico, when the whale sharks have returned.
3. Red pill or blue pill?
Neither. Just give me a motorcycle. A little time on two wheels does both.
4. What was the most moving book or film that you’ve seen?
Log From the Sea of Cortez, John Steinbeck
5. If you could have any job, what would it be?
What I do. I try to live a life worth writing about.
6. If you could have any car (or motorbike, but obviously not planes or helicopters, they’re too cool), what would it be (and what colour)?
The moto I have. BMW R 1200 GSA, Gun metal Gray. It’s the bike you ride from continent to continent.
7. Item on your bucket list that you want to do most?
I just did it. I finished my novel, Almost Human. It comes out in the Spring 2015.
8. Favourite flower?
Wild Mountain Iris – Dark purple
9. Favourite English town (or city or village or hamlet). Even if you’ve never been…
Oxford – I did my post-doctorate there and I learned to play cricket, drink Guinness, and Jameson Whiskey (had an Irish roommate). First time I fell in love. Don’t remember much else.
10. If you became Prime Minister (or President), what would be your first rule?
Fire all the politicians but me.
Questions from Sarah Best:
1. If you could give your 10-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Never stop playing. I still like that Twilight Zone episode, “Kick the Can.”
2. What was your favourite TV show when you were growing up?
Twilight Zone – I wanted to write and be like Rod Sterling
3. If given the chance/opportunity, would you make blogging and writing a full-time career?
After years of living life’s adventure, it sort of is……
4. One flaw about yourself?
I have a short attention span. Shinny objects distract me.
5. Are you a generous person with your time?
I’m not sure. I have no concept of time. I bring chaos to any planning calendar.
6. Your favourite genre of music? Only one!
The jazz of Miles Davis, John Coltrane….. A Love Supreme still kills me.
7. Cheese or chocolate?
Cheese. It pairs better with homebrew and shine.
8. Your favourite board game?
Chess but I like cards better…. Rummy, Mexican Train, Five card stud….
9. Do you have a nickname?
Zorro….. It’s from my Army days….
10. Do you like scary movies?
Yes, especially the classics. Hitchcock, King, Carpenter… Pycho, Wait Until Dark, excellent….
Creatopath – https://rachelsbooknook.wordpress.com
My Grandfather Was and Undertaker – https://undertakerstories.wordpress.com
The Panama Jetson Collection – https://panamajetson.wordpress.com
Half-Tanked Adventurers – https://canadianinvasion.wordpress.com
Jennifer Keishin Armstrong – http://jenniferkarmstrong.com
My Daily Walk – https://viviengabrillo.wordpress.com
Flash in a Pan – http://flash-in-a-pan.com
Mireilles Journey to Health – http://mireillesjourneytohealth.com
Back Water Fly Fishing – http://backwaterflyfishing.com
Novel Treks – https://noveltreks.wordpress.com
Here are my questions:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What’s your favorite blog?
3. What was the craziest thing you’ve done in your life?
4. What wild animal personifies you?
5. Where would live if money was no object?
6. Who is your favorite writer?
8. What do you think is the perfect age?
9. What is your favorite past time?
10. Are you happy?